This year, instead of the a poster session of prospective and built projects, PHIUS is conducting a juried competition of fully certified projects. You have been working hard, and it’s time to begin recognizing the growing number and types of successful passive buildings.
Here’s How It Works
Winners and honorable mention awards will be given in four categories:
Additionally, two projects, from the above winners, will be awarded:
- Best overall project of this year’s competition
- Best project by a young professional (35 or under)
PHIUS/PHAUS will mount and display winning and finalists’ entries at the opening of the exhibit hall on the evening of September 10, and throughout the core conference, September 11-12.
- Submitters of winning entries will receive one full year of PHAUS members (existing members will be extended by one year)
- Winning projects will be featured in followup coverage of the conference by Green Building & Design magazine
- PHIUS and PHAUS will feature winning entries as case studies on their home pages
- PHIUS and PHAUS will publicize winners via social media, e-newsletters, and press outlets.
PHAUS members: $50
* The PHI database includes a variety of entries–only those marked as certified by PHI are eligible.
Entries will be scored on a scale of 1 – 5 on the following measures:
- Performance (for example, meets PHIUS+ standard, better than standard, crushes the standard)
- Difficulty (Level of climate/site/requirements challenge) Location? (easy or tricky?)
- Design (e.g., smart use of space)
- Health (e.g., use non-toxic materials)
PHIUS/PHAUS will assemble a panel of five jurors, each who must meet two of the following three criteria:
- CPHC® in good standing
- Completion of at least one certified project
- Licensed professional
How to Enter
- Register and pay the entry fee using the links at the bottom of the page.
- Complete this online description form (we recommend you look at the form first, assemble the required information, then complete it).
- Email a pdf suitable for printing and mounting a 24″ x 36″ poster that includes:
- Project Title/Use-Type/Location/Client
- 250 word maximum text description of project
- WUFI Passive or PHPP results
Email the pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Competition, and include your name, project name, and contact information in the body.
*PHIUS employees and board members are not eligible to enter.
Deadline for Entry
August 25, 2015
Winners will be recognized on Thursday, September 10, during the opening of the exhibit hall and accompanying reception, beginning 5:30 pm in the Crystal Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Chicago.